This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Breast Centers, with locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging services, social service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic counseling.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: We are looking for a motivated, professional, and friendly Medical Assistant to deliver compassionate care to patients by assisting with clinical tasks, performing support services for clinical staff and providing direct interaction with patients and their caregivers. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Schedule: This is a full-time, day-shift position a Monday - Friday schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preps patient charts.
- Prepares and sanitizes all exam rooms for the day as well as in between each patient.
- Rooms patients; completes and records vital signs and applicable patient assessment items.
- Accepts and return phone calls as needed.
- Assists Injection MA as needed.
- Processes referrals as needed.
- Calls patients with results as directed by provider.
- Monitors Rx folder.
- Sets up orders; transfusions, direct admin to hospital, phlebotomy, etc.
- Charts appropriate notes into MOSAIQ.
- Remains aware to equal work distribution amongst peers.
- Enrolls patients in drug replacement programs.
- Handles physician requests and coordinates special testing assignments.
- Assists coworkers in any area to provide quality patient care.
- Maintains a professional, team oriented, positive attitude.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Stable work history, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to obtain vital signs and take instructions from Physicians.
- Must be able to relate well to patients.
- Computer and typing skills desirable. Experience with electronic medical records a plus.
- Should have good organizational skills, effective oral, and written communication skills.
- Should be flexible, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be willing to travel between office locations.
Education and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years experience as a Medical Assistant preferred.
- Graduation from a medical assistant program.
- National MA Certification a plus (will be required within 90 days of hire).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, 401K, and more. We offer a caring work environment and are an E.O.E.
Please visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com. "Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time."