This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Breast Centers, with locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging services, social service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic counseling.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: We are looking for a experienced LPNs who are motivated, professional, and friendly to facilitate care to our patients. This is a full-time, day shift position working a Monday - Friday schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Triage RN and Nurse Manager.
- Answers phone calls and checks voicemails for triage and addresses as appropriate.
- Triage patient phone calls as needed: documents relevant information in patient chart.
- Assist Physician and RN with coordination of patient care, completing various forms, communication with other medical personal as needed.
- Obtains prior authorizations for Oral Chemotherapies.
- Refills prescriptions for Oral Chemotherapy in conjunction with the Triage RN.
- Schedules first chemotherapy appointment after RN does education.
- Assists RN in Education of some medication
- IV administration on non-chemo agents as needed
- Calls patients with PT/INR results and new directions after receiving from the provider.
- Communicates with physicians and other departments as necessary.
- Other duties as required appropriate to credentials.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules & regulations.
- Knowledge of chemotherapy related drugs and supplies utilized, preferred.
- Knowledge of diagnostic testing and radiation procedures, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Internet.
- Willing to travel between offices.
Education and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years working as LPN in Oncology setting or other Healthcare settings
- Graduation from an accredited LPN program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- IV certification a plus but not required
- Current Arizona LPN State Board of Nursing license required.
- Current CPR Certification required.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, 401K, and more. We offer a caring work environment and are an E.O.E.
Please visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com. "Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time."