Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Breast Centers, with locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging services, social service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic counseling.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: We are currently looking for qualified and experienced Insurance Benefits Coordinators in our fast-paced out-patient oncology clinic. Our Benefit Coordinator II meets with patients to review, copays, coinsurance, OOP and old balances. They assist patients in obtaining assistance to help them pay for the portion deemed the patient’s responsibility by their insurance. Looking to fill positions in the East Valley and Scottsdale.
Schedule: This is a full-time, day shift position working a Monday - Friday schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with all new patients.
- Daily email notification of patient’s benefits to physicians.
- Calculate cost estimate prior to 1st treatment; notify patients of financial responsibility as soon as possible.
- Explore patient assistance programs/copay cards that patient may qualify for; complete application/financials in a timely manner; follow-up on application/financials on a weekly basis until approved/denied.
- Meet with patients starting new/changed treatment to review their financial responsibility and have patients sign cost estimate form.
- Collect all patient balances immediately; follow designated payment plan guidelines and use SBP to set-up payment plans if patient can’t pay entire balance immediately.
- Confidently assist patients with questions regarding charges, payments, balances or credits in a prompt/timely manner.
- Call patients with balances or amounts due 24 hours prior to their appointment.
- Review/assess ledger to update/fix cost estimates as needed in a timely manner, quarterly and annually.
- Verify insurance benefits if needed.
- Call patients from yesterday’s schedule to collect payment missed at time of service.
- Work add-ons to the schedule on a daily basis.
- Complete all daily, weekly and monthly checklists. Weekly reports to supervisor.
- Any other duties requested by management or physicians.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Communicates professionally and effectively with management, physicians, co-workers and team members; promotes a team-oriented work environment; assists team members as needed.Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of chemotherapy related drugs, supplies utilized and SNF, LTC and Hospice in relation to insurance benefits.
- Knowledge of governmental, legal and regulatory provisions related to collection activities.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS coding a plus.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics. Accounting knowledge a must.
- Able to be in a seated position, talk on the phone, repetitive keyboard usage and clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- High School Diploma; additional education preferred.
- 1-2 years of medical insurance experience to include heavy emphasis on insurance verification.
- Prefer oncology experience a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision and life insurance, 401K, and a caring work environment. We are an E.O.E.
Please visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com. "Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time"