Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Breast Centers, with locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging services, social service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic counseling.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: We are currently looking for a qualified and experienced insurance Benefit Coordinator I. Our Benefit Coordinator I creates the copay log daily to ensure that front desk has the correct copays, coinsurance, COT, OOP and old balances to collect from patients at time of visit. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Schedule: This is a full time position working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete assigned daily log, maintaining 3 days out consistently.
- Call insurance carrier to verify deductible and out of pocket accumulations prior to treatment.
- Verify cost of treatments have been generated and signed by patient per treatment.
- Review notes for accurate cost estimates for each individual treatment plan.
- Review accounts notes for any pending adjustments or balances that need to be set up on Secure Bill Pay.
- Strong ledger knowledge ability to accurately assess insurance payments and compare to verification for accuracy. Ability to identify correct balances and credits on account.
- Effectively communicate with FCII regarding issues on accounts, adjustment requests, estimate updates and insurance issues.
- Communicates with management regarding treatment concerns and patients benefits.
- Complete QCL-Quality Checklists.
- Complete cost estimates for CT/PET scans estimating patient responsibility.
- Call patients to review insurance benefits, cost of scan and collect prior to appointment using designated scripting.
- Obtain patient credit card information and set up payment plans in Secure Bill Pay using designated payment plan guidelines.
- Assist FC II Complete cost estimates for all treatments/injections estimating patient responsibility.
- Assist FC II Calling chemo or radiation treatment patients explaining amounts owed by patient.
- Complete all daily, weekly and monthly checklists. Weekly reports to supervisor.
- Any other duties requested of physicians or management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of all insurance types and benefit structures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of chemotherapy related drugs, supplies utilized and SNF, LTC and Hospice in relation to insurance benefits.
- Knowledge of governmental, legal and regulatory provisions related to collection activities.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS coding a plus.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics. Accounting knowledge a must.
- Able to be in a seated position, talk on the phone, repetitive keyboard usage and clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- High School Diploma; additional education preferred.
- 1-2 years of medical insurance experience to include with heavy emphasis on insurance verification.
- Prefer oncology experience a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance, 401K and a caring work environment. We are an E.O.E.
Please visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com. "Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time"