Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Breast Centers, with locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, diagnostic imaging services, social service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic counseling.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: We are currently looking for a qualified and experienced Authorization Specialist for our Central Business Office location in Gilbert.
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter patient demographic including insurance into the computer system.
- Works patient accounts out 3-5 days.
- Determine authorization status by confirming in computer and chart previous notation regarding expiration date(s) and confirming drug(s) for treatment including injections.
- Provide the Financial Counselor with any new information on insurance coverage and/or new drugs added to protocols.
- Confirm the correct insurance from review of computer and chart.
- Obtain authorization for patient visits and treatment in the office.
- Record in chart and in computer the number of visits, detailed description of the authorization, the expiration date, and name of the insurance carrier.
- Recheck authorization(s) every 6 months if no activity has occurred with treatment.
- Complete working knowledge of all insurance company requirements as they relate to authorization.
- Print the encounter forms one day before the visit.
- Enroll patient(s) in home health services; obtain authorizations for Rx drugs & DME. Arrange for pt to receive services.
- Work closely with clinical staff to determine “real-time” changes in the patient’s treatment plan and need for subsequent authorization(s).
- Maintain a team oriented, positive attitude with patients, co-workers, and outside customers.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of insurance company’s procedures and policies.
- Knowledge of governmental, legal and regulatory provisions related to HIIPA.
- Knowledge of chemotherapy related drugs and supplies utilized.
- Knowledge of diagnostic testing and radiation procedures.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Internet
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years in the healthcare reimbursement field.
- Medical and Radiation Oncology experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision and life insurance, 401K, and a caring work environment.
We are an E.O.E.Visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com. "Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time"